The station's Coastal Safety Officer (CSO) Peter Barnard MBE, is responsible for providing safety equipment advice, both onboard and onshore, for all leisure boaters, throughout the East Midlands region.
Peter has a small team of eight Safety Advisers to assist him - including Skegness lifeboat crew members Joe Pieniak and Craig Willard - who are all trained to a very high standard on safety equipment.
The team’s main work is to carry out ‘Advice on Board’ (AOB) procedures on boaters' vessels advising them on the safety equipment they need to carry for their intended usage of their craft.
This procedure has been carried out on over 150 boats a year for the past five years.
Peter and his teams other work includes:
- Manning the RNLI gazebo & roadshow at East Midlands boat club rallies.
- Holding Lifejacket Clinics – to ensure boaters' lifejackets are fit for use.
- Giving RNLI presentations at sailing and motor cruising clubs, and other organisations including Rotary and Ladies Clubs.
- Manning the Sea Safety desk at the major international boat shows held in London and Southampton.
- A member of the Skegness Lifeboat Management Group.
For anyone interested in receiving AOB, Lifejacket Check or presentation given at your club please contact Peter on:
Telephone: 01529 415720 / 07977 476938